Pacific Dental Services® Foundation Privacy Statement
This privacy statement sets out how Pacific Dental Services Foundation uses and protects any information that you give us when you use the Foundation website. The Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that information you provide on this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page as often as possible to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective 11/11/2015.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER ABOUT YOU?
- If you fill out a form to donate to the Foundation or request that we contact you, information we collect may include your name, postal address, zip code, phone number, credit card information, and email.
- Other information we collect or receive may include your location, your IP address, the browser/device/hardware you are using, your GPS location and what pages you visit on our site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- To keep an internal record for our reporting and analysis purposes.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as a request to donate.
- To remain in communication with you regarding your donations.
- To improve our sites.
- To protect our Foundation and our assets and sites and for other security measures.
- We will never sell your information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
- When you fill out a form to donate to the Foundation or request communication from the Foundation, you will be asked to include your personal information.
- We may obtain certain information through tracking tools, such as cookies, tags and other technologies.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information will be shared internally at the Foundation to complete your donations, respond to communication requests, and to contact you about our on-going work and ways that you can further support our efforts. Except in the limited circumstances outlined below, the Foundation will never intentionally share your e-mail addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
The Foundation reserves the right to share your personal information in certain situations:
- Credit Card Transactions. The Foundation may utilize third parties to provide credit card processing services and donation order fulfillment services. If you choose to make a donation online, we may share your personal information with such processing service providers.
YOU MAY ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES BY CONTACTING US:
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please contact the Privacy Contact below.
WHAT ARE COOKIES? HOW DO WE USE THEM?
- A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The cookie helps analyze web traffic or informs when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We transfer cookies to your device to provide you with personalized services and content and to identify which of our sites or pages are of most interest to you. We do, however, recommend that you leave these cookies on as it allows us to provide you with the best patient experience possible through reporting and analysis. By disabling cookies, you will also be prevented from experiencing the entire site as was intended, and we will not be able to personalize our services to you. To disable cookies, please visit your browser’s settings.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such children to provide us with their personal information without expressed permission from a parent or guardian. If you are under 13, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone numbers, or e-mail address, unless you have your parent's or guardian's permission. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, and do not have a parent or guardian's consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you feel the privacy of your child has been compromised by our site, please advise the Privacy Contact.
The Foundation has layered security in our systems and only designated employees have access to your information. All on-line transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a "closed" lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an "https" instead of an "http".
CALIFORNIA - DO NOT TRACK
The Foundation does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
HOW DO I CONTACT THE FOUNDATION?
THE FOUNDATION POLICY REVISIONS